GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
* Ability to collaborate and consult with educational team members, parents, and component districts to create a safe and supportive learning environment
* Evaluate students to determine current functioning, strengths and needs-using that data to create a supportive environment at school and strengthens the home school connection, using current, valid and reliable assessment tools
* Collaborate with educational team members, parents, and staff to identify environmental factors that may be impacting learning
* Work with team members and building personnel to provide targeted interventions to teach social, emotional or behavioral regulation
* Provide group and/or individual counseling using evidence-based interventions to address the diverse needs of students
* Gather data, through observations, records review, phone conversations with professionals outside of the school setting, to identify level of functioning for students, strengths and needs to achieving social emotional balance.
* Communicate with community-based providers to continue support for students at home
* Maintain knowledge of skills related to trauma, illness and grief, and provide crisis intervention for students and/or staff members as needed
* Reevaluations and Initial Evaluations of students
* Creating Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans.
* Performing such other duties as may be assigned by the Building Principal as deemed necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.