Position Start Date4/5/2021
Teaching assistants provide intervention and instructional support to students and are certified based on State Education regulations to assist a teacher under their general supervision, with the direct instruction of students.
* Strong emphasis on interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with students, teachers and administrators.
* A desire to work with students in a teaching / learning capacity.
* Demonstrated ability as a self-starter in assisting to determine and meet students’ needs
* An awareness on how a student’s positive self-esteem will affect his academic, social and emotional development.
* A two-year college degree is highly desirable. Emphasis in education coursework (as part of a college program) is preferred.
Please send a letter of interest to:
Susan Carr, School Personnel Assistant
Newark District Office
100 East Miller Street
Newark, N.Y. 14513
Fax: (315) 332-3517